Retrium offers the ability to create a custom retrospective template. You can do a team radar retrospective (discussed here in this article) or a sticky notes-style retrospective.
You can either:
- Start a retrospective from scratch and create your own custom, retrospective radar before you begin your team’s retrospective, or
- Adjust the number and labels of any of our radar retrospective templates during the “define” phase of the retrospective, so any technique we offer will fit with the way your team wants to collect responses and discuss results
Team radars are a great way to rate how the team thinks or feels about a topic. We suggest using custom retro radars to answer questions like:
- How well are we living our company’s core values?
- How are we doing with our team goals?
- How are things going with each of our working agreements?
How to Create a Custom Retro Radar Template
When facilitators begin a retrospective in Retrium, there’s an option to start from scratch and create your own radar retrospective at the bottom of the list of pre-built templates.
The facilitator can then edit the labels of the existing spokes, add, or delete spokes. (Team Radars can have a maximum of seven spokes.) Lastly, the retrospective facilitator can add a custom title for the retrospective meeting to focus the team around the central topic of the radar exercise.
This means that Retrium can be used to gather quantitative data on any number of topics and exactly the way you want! You can mix it up and try something new to keep your retrospectives fresh and interesting.
Edit an Existing Retro Radar by Adding New Spokes and Labels
If you start with one of our retro radar templates, the facilitator of your team’s retrospective facilitator can now add, remove, or rename any label on a spoke before your team collects responses.
This allows your team to start with tested templates that customers love, while also being able to make your team's Radar retrospective your own.
- Choose your technique and start the retrospective. This will start with pre-labeled template, but you can always make changes.
- New spokes can be added, spokes can be removed, or labels can be changed. Spokes can be added to any section of the Team Radar, so you can always organize information how you like.
- Once the retro radar has been edited and is ready for feedback, your team can move on to collect responses, just like with any of our retro radar templates.