Action items help encourage follow-through on your team, and Action Plans in Retrium have features to help aid in this.
Table of Contents
Introduction to action items
Action items are created during the Discuss phase during columnar retrospectives. When creating action items, your team should be deliberate. One way to do this is to ensure the action item is SMART; meaning:
- Time Based
To create an action item during your retrospective, follow the steps in the next section!
Creating action items
Anyone present in the retrospective can create an action item.
If you don't see your action items, click the arrows icon () in the top right corner of the page to expand your Action Plan.
To create an action item
1. Click + Add an action item
2. Enter your action item text
3. Add an ambassador (recommended)
4. Add a target completion date (recommended)
You can also mark action items as completed, delete action items, and export action items to CSV or Jira.
Archiving action items
Action items can be archived from the Home tab of a Team Room.
To archive an action item
- Click Archive at the bottom of the action item card
- Select a reason for archiving (if an action item has been marked as completed, the Completed archive reason will automatically be applied when archiving)
To view archived items, click View archived items at the top of the Action Plan in the Team Room Home tab.
Deleting action items
Deleting action items is permanent and can't be reversed. If you may want to refer back to an action item but don't need it on your list anymore, consider archiving it instead.
To delete an action item, click and hold Delete at the bottom of an action item card. Once the meter is full, the card will be deleted: