Learn how to facilitate the sticky note technique Starfish
💡 Take Retrium's Technique Quiz to figure out which retrospective technique best fits the needs of your next retrospective.
Starfish enables team members to look at the projects, activities, or actions of the business and evaluate what needs more energy and resources, versus what needs less to drive continuous improvement.
Facilitating the Process
The process of running this type of retrospective in Retrium works like this:
- Everyone brainstorms ideas to add to sticky notes under the "keep doing," "start doing," "stop doing," "more of," and "less of" columns in the "think" phase
- The team then organizes sticky notes they with to discuss together during the "group" stage
- Everyone privately votes on which notes or groups they think are important to discuss during the "vote" phase
- Retrium organizes the most important topics in order of votes during the "discuss" step, where your team can choose to discuss one or more items and turn the next steps into specific action items
- The team can then reflect on the effectiveness of the retrospective as a whole during the "close" phase, and your team can choose to review those results before concluding the meeting