A Team Room is core to the Retrium experience. Team Rooms are where you'll go to run retrospectives with other people, create and track your action plans, and view your retrospective history.
About Team Rooms
Each distinct team you work with will want their own Team Room to ensure the information shared is secure and only shared with the members of that group. If you're a ScrumMaster or Agile Coach that works with multiple teams, you will want to have a Team Room for each separate group with which you work.
Only Organization Admins and Managers can create new team rooms or reactivate old team rooms.
Team Rooms consist of three main parts:
- Members List: The list of users who have or are pending access to the Team Room. The member list also lets you know who is online in the team room.
- Action Plan: A list of action items that have been created during retrospectives.
- Retrospective History: A visual and interactive history of retrospectives run within the Team Room.
We recommend running team retrospectives consistently in a single Team Room and not creating a new Team Room for each Sprint or Project milestone (as this will unnecessarily increase the cost of your bill).
What are Private Team Rooms?
- Private Team Rooms require team members to login with a verified account.
- Participants must be invited by email through Retrium or granted access to the Team Room.
- Information shared in the Private Team Room is secure and only shared with those in the members list.
What are Public Team Rooms?
- Public Team Rooms are ideal for inviting teammates to test Retrium during the free trial or for using when large groups of participants need to join a team room.
Use caution with Public Team Rooms as anyone with the link can join and view the information in the team room
What is an activated Team Room?
An activated team room is a public or private team room that is open and available for teams to run retrospectives.
- Any Team Rooms within an Organization that are not deactivated are considered activated Team Rooms.
- If a team member creates a new Team Room during a billing month, it is considered an activated Team Room and you will be charged a prorated fee for this room
How can I monitor activated Team Rooms?
- You can view the number of activated team rooms from your organization home.
- If a Team Room was activated at any point in the billing process, it counts as activated, so even if a Team Room is marked as deactivated currently, it may still be counted on your bill if it was activated at any point during the billing cycle.
When will I be billed for a new Team Room?
You will be billed for all activated Team Rooms on your bill date because we bill in advance of the service. If you add a new Team Room during your billing cycle, it will be included on your next invoice.
When you're ready to upgrade to a paid plan, you'll be billed immediately for all activated Team Rooms in your account. If there are team rooms you do not want to use, deactivate all test or other trial team rooms that will not be in use before you upgrade to a paid plan.
What happens when a Team Room is deactivated?
The deactivated Team Rooms are still available in your account should want to activate them again. Once a Team Room is deactivated, you cannot view the action plan or retrospective history and cannot run retrospectives in that Team Room.